Wednesday, April 29, 2015

thursday april 30. (archie voice) we ready! we ready! we ready! ...

“First?  When there’s nothing?
But a slow, glowing dream?
That your fear?  Seems to hide,
Deep inside?  Your mind …

All alone?  I have cried?
Silent tears?  Full with pride!
In a world, made of steel,
Made of stone …

Well, I hear the music!
Close my eyes; feel the rhythm!
Wrap around – take a hold?
Of my heart!

What a feeling!
Being’s believing!
I can have it all –
Now I’m dancing for my life!

Take your passion!
And make it happen!
Pictures come alive –
You can dance right through your life! …

-- “Flashdance (What A Feeling)” by Irene Cara …

--------------------


Perfectly, and totally, predicta …

… Bull.

--------------------


Which couldn’t help, but spark this frank reminder of history:

“No NBA team has ever come back from a 3-0 deficit to win a series” – espn.com … and Captain Oats.

--------------------



Seriously, how do you get that wide open?  Game on the line, closing out the series on the line, and the defense fails that badly … and you’re coached by Coach Thibs, THE best defensive strategorist in the sport?

Cue the "slow, glowing dream ..." in five, four, three ...

--------------------



Wait … what?

Cue the "silent tears?  Filled with pride!" in two, one ...

--------------------

Six years ago, a group of friends and I, adopted the BuKCs as “our” team.


Tomorrow night is about OUR team, attaining a chance at greatness, no team in the League has ever attained.

6pm.  BuKCs.  Bulls.  

Season on the line.

Be loud, Milwaukee.  Be DAMNED loud, and be DAMNED proud.

--------------------



(image credit: bucks.com)

--------------------

Only one team in NBA history has ever forced  a Game Seven, trailing 0-3.  Your 1993-1994 Denver Nuggets … and I should probably note, that is probably the only time in this site’s existence, the word “denver” will be appropriately capitalized.

Peoples and peepettes?  I am spent.  That Spurs / Clippers classic last night drained damned near every last bit of energy out of me, and we aren’t even on Night Fifteen of “Forty Days in Forty Nights”.

None of those nights?  Matter as much as Thursday, April 30th.

At The Fortress On Fourth.

--------------------

If our Boyz N Blue can take a sh*ttacular 80s song, and turn it into a rallying cry to fall one game short of a championship?  Then let the BuKCs grab this sh*ttacular 80s song, and parlay it into … whatever happens next.

Because if you haven’t watched this team in the last two weeks?

Sweet Merciful Jesus – What a Feeling!

You’re seeing “The Greek Freak” develop into a bona-fide superstar in front of your eyes.  You’re seeing Michael Carter-Williams develop into the talent my dad swore he would be, coming out of Syracuse a few years ago.  You’re seeing John Henson prove why the 2012 Tar Heels would have won it all, if he’d been available to play.  You’re seeing (at worst) the fifth best head coach in the League, of all people Jason freaking Kidd!, somehow bamboozle and outthink and outlast (at worst) the third best head coach in the League, Coach Thibs.

And keep in mind, the BuKCs are doing this, with their franchise player, the man who may (hopefully) someday deliver the O’Brien to the greatest city in America, out since December.  (That would be Jabari Parker, for the uninitiated among you.  And yes, Milwaukee is THE greatest city in America.  Go there sometime if you doubt me.)

They blew an 18 point lead in Game Three.

They are hosting Game Six tomorrow night.

--------------------


Here we are, five years later, and Game Six at The Fortress On Fourth, exists again.



(What I won't do, to watch my BuKCs play!  (Pause).  Just kidding.  Image credit: "The Ex", via whatever camera she or I was using, five years ago.)

I’ll be amongst the “Walking Dead” at work on Friday.  Just like I was today.

I’m so f*cking ready for it.

--------------------

“Six years ago, a group of friends and I, adopted the BuKCs as “our” team.

That group of friends may not speak much anymore.  (Especially myself and one of us.)  But tomorrow night, is about OUR team, attaining a chance at greatness, no team in the League has ever attained.

6pm.  BuKCs.  Bulls.

Season on the line.

Be loud, Milwaukee.  Be DAMNED loud, and be DAMNED proud.”

--------------------

Be loud!

God knows I intend to be.

I currently plan to watch the game at Quinton’s in Waldo.  I hope anyone and everyone reading this, feels motivated to join me.

I don’t promise to be sober.  But I promise to be there.  As close to tipoff as I can be.

Because the second verse to today’s theme, has always been my favorite verse, of that song:

“Now I?  Hear the muse!
Close my eyes?  I am rhythm!
In a flash?  It takes hold,
Of my heart!

What a feeling!
Is believing!
I can have it all –
Now I’m dancing for my life!


What a feeling! …”

Game Six.  The Fortress On Fourth.

(Pause).  What?

(Pause).  You're godd*mned right I'm showing up in my BuKCs hoodie tomorrow!  If that arrogant POS Bulls fan on the seventh floor can wear his hoodie all week?  

You're DAMNED right I'm showing up in mine!

No comments:

week twelve picks

The Statisticals. Last Week SU: 8-6-0. Season to Date SU: 98-62-1. Last Week ATS: 7-7-0. Season to Date ATS: 75-80-6. Last Week Upset / ...