Friday, July 27, 2018

this site's second decade ...

"Growing up?
I was always mama's angel;
Never thought I would ever
Fall from grace.

I was taught to walk with God,
And run from trouble;
But I ran with a crowd?
That was bound to change my ways.

Yeah, I was proud to be
In the bad news crowd --
One my mamma warned me about,
The closest thing to hell she's ever raised.

But when I look back on those days?
I know I'd never change a thing!
I made mistakes that paved the way?
For the man I am today!

I'm proud of them all!
And I had a ball!
Bending the rules --
And breaking the law! ..."

-- "Bending the Rules and Breaking the Law" by Brantley Gilbert.

--------------------

Ten years.

It's how I tend to reflect back on life.  As noted here and here.

And now, you get it here.

Slowly ... yet surely.

--------------------

July 22, 2008 saw the launch of this site.

I've spent a lot of my free time over the last couple weeks reading damned near every post ever, uuh, posted, on this site, to prep for what's coming at you over the next few weeks.

This is Post 914 according to the tracker, and there's a few things that amaze me -- both good and bad -- in looking back at literally a decade of my life (and some of yours) that I've chosen to share (for better or worse).

So, in all likelihood?  The next 13 posts on this site?  Will be the 13 things that hit me the most -- both good and bad, both right and wrong -- from that look back through the archives of this site.

As (almost) always -- set to music.

Ready for the preview?

--------------------

Here are the thirteen things I'll be looking back on, over the next few weeks.

13. Nebraskapalooza.  (Set to Diana Ross and The Supremes.)
12. Sometimes, You Gotta Break Update "The Rules".  (Set to Our Lady Peace.)
11. How What Appears On First Glance to Be the Worst Year Of the Decade?  Was Actually the Best ... In Hindsight.  (Set to Imagine Dragons.)
10. We're Playing BuKCsketball!  We're Playing BuKCsketball!  (Set to Jason Mraz.)
9. My "Online Idols".  (Set to Bon Jovi.)
8. The Week That Set the Decade In Motion ... In Hindsight.  (Set to my favorite song from "Motown, The Musical".)
7. The Chiefs Moments I Cherish.  (Set to The Weeknd.)
6. The Most Important Thing In This Life.  (Set to Eric Church.)
5. The Concerts That Still Impact Me.  (Set to Matt Nathanson.)
4. The Thirteen Things I Wish Still "Existed".  (Set to Foo Fighters.)
3. So ... Let's Define Stevo.  (Set to Gavin DeGraw.)
2. The Sole and Only Reason(s), This Site Exists.  (Set to "My Favorite Song of All Time".)
1. My Closing Comments On "The Decade That Was" ... and "The Decade To Be".  (Set to Gary Allan.)

--------------------

And to whet your appetite? 

Allow me to note one highlight of each of them ...

13? Most depressing of the, uuh, thirteen.
12? A very fun re-write that is long overdue.
11? Surprisingly uplifting ... and reflective.
10? If there's a "what if" in this series?  This is it.
9? My second favorite one to type.
8? The one I have no clue, how to feel about.
7? The one of these thirteen, most likely to be a list, of at least thirteen.
6? Other than number two, this is the one that matters the most to me.
5? Should have been set to Linkin Park, or Ben Harper, to be brutally honest.  Or Sir Paul McCartney.  Or 311.  Or Dave Matthews Band.  Or Garth Brooks.  Or me on the stage with KC Prime.
4? Not intended to be depressing ,,, but probably will be.
3? Prep to both laugh ... and cry.  And then laugh some more.
2? This will likely be thirty printed pages ... at least.  And only someone (un)sure if they're appearing in this post?  Would bet the under, on thirty printed pages.
1? (coach pete bell voice) Here are two three words I never always thought knew I'd type ...

--------------------

The next post will be Number 13.  Hope you're interested.

And if you're not?  Well sh*t, you aren't paying to read this anyway ...

... although to be fair, as applies to damned near every person who reads this site on a regular basis:

"Yeah, we were proud to be
In the bad news crowd --
The ones our mamma's warned us about!
The closest thing to hell they've ever raised!

But when we look back on those days?
I know we'd never change a thing!
Because we made mistakes?  That paved the way?
For the men we are today!

We're proud of them all, y'all!
And we had a ball!
Bending the rules --
And breaking the law!!!!! "

No comments:

week twelve picks

The Statisticals. Last Week SU: 8-6-0. Season to Date SU: 98-62-1. Last Week ATS: 7-7-0. Season to Date ATS: 75-80-6. Last Week Upset / ...