Thursday, October 30, 2008

the week nine predictions

"Every day I hear a different story,
People saying that you're no good for me,
So you're loving with another and she's making
A fool of you, oh oh ...

If you love me baby, you'd deny it,
But you laugh and tell me I should try it,
Tell me I'm a baby and
I will understand ...

But you know that I'll forgive you,
Just this once ... twice ... forever,
Cause baby, you could drag me to hell and back,
Just as long as we're together,
And you do ...

I don't want your freedom!
I don't want to play around!
I don't want nobody baby,
Part time love just brings me down.
I don't need your freedom --
Girl all I want right now is you ...

Like a prisoner who has his own key,
Girl, I can't escape until you love me,
I just go from day to day knowing all about
The other boys ...

You take my hand and tell me I'm a fool to
Give you all that I do ...
I bet you someday baby, someone
Says the same to you ...

But you know that I'll forgive you,
Just this once ... twice ... forever,
Cause baby, you could drag me to hell and back,
Just as long as we're together,
And you do ... oh ...

I don't want your freedom!
I don't want to play around!
I don't want nobody baby,
Part time love just brings me down.
I don't want your freedom --
Girl all I want right now is you ...

(you know you're tapping along to the piano solo right now ... I know I am ...)

But you know that I'll forgive you,
Just this once ... twice ... forever,
Cause baby, you could drag me to hell and back,
Just as long as we're together,
And you do ... oooooooh ...

I don't want your freedom!
I don't need to play around!
I don't want nobody baby,
Part time love just brings me down.

I don't want your freedom!
I don't want to play around!
I don't want nobody baby,
Part time love just brings me down.

I don't want your ...
I don't want your ...
I don't want your ...
I don't want your ..."

-- "Freedom" by Wham!

-----------------------

Last Week SU: 9-5-0
Season to Date SU: 62-52-0

Last Week ATS: 7-7-0
Season to Date ATS: 59-54-1

Last Week Upset / Week: looked good at the half ...
Season to Date Upset / Week: 2-6-0
This Week's Upset / Week: Chiefs are home dogs. Take a f*cking guess folks. Take a mother f*cking guess ...

The Non-Chiefs Predictions:

* Texans (+4 1/2) 31, at Vikings 20.
* Jaguars (-8) 28, at Bengals 10.
* at Browns (-1 1/2) 34, Ravens 13.
* at Bills 21, Jets (+5 1/2) 20.
* at Rams (+3) 38, Cardinals 30.
* at Bears (-12 1/2) 24, Lions 3.
* at Titans (-5) 27, Packers 21.
* at broncos (-3 1/2) 41, Dolphins 10.
* Falcons (-3) 24, at raiders 10.
* at Giants (-8 1/2) 21, Cowboys 6.
* at Seahawks (+6 1/2) 21, Eagles 20.
* Patriots (+6) 27, at Colts 24.
* at Redskins (-2) 27, Steelers 21.

The Chiefs Prediction:

What a weird, sad, frustrating position to be in.

For the first time since 2001, the Chiefs enter the first weekend of November with no realistic hopes at playing in January. Consider:

2007: the Chiefs entered this weekend at 4-3, in sole possession of first place in the AFC West, hosting the Green Bay Packers.

2006: the Chiefs entered this weekend at 4-3, in third place in the AFC West, heading to St. Louis.

2005: the Chiefs entered this weekend at 4-3, in second place in the AFC West, hosting the oakland raiders.

2004: the Chiefs entered this weekend at 3-4, in third place in the AFC West, heading to Tampa to face (ironically) this week's opponent.

2003: the Chiefs entered this weekend at 7-0, in sole possession of first place in the AFC West, hosting the Buffalo Bills on Sunday Night Football.

2002: the Chiefs entered this weekend at 3-4, in third place in the AFC West, hosting the reeling oakland raiders.

Yeah. 2008? Nothing like the last 6 years. Other than, like 2004, we play Tampa in what should be one of the defining games of the season.

It will be. For Tampa. At 5-3, they need this one badly.

I can't explain it. I don't know why I feel this way. We can't stop the run. I have no idea how we're putting together 150 yards of offense.

But on a beautiful, 70 plus degree November Sunday ... we're winning this damned game.

at Chiefs (+9) 13, Bucs 10, on a last second Connor Barth 41 yard FG. Hope you'll show up and enjoy it! Even if I am a "dumbass", as "anonymous" posted today, for showing up at 7am, so be it. Be a "dumbass" with me! Show up! Be loud! Let's win this one! For one last amazing, magical Sunday, let's turn back the rebuilding, let's re-established Arrowhead as "Terrorhead"! Let's make our mark, for one final Sunday in this lost season! Make it count! With every last one of us in the house!

Save for the person this week's song choice was specifically aimed at. For you sir ... get in the f*cking car, drive to Tyler, and win her back, kid! Trust me pal. Ignore every negative signal. Ignore every negative text message. Go win her heart back, champ. Go be with her. Tonight.

Or, as the late, great Toadies sang in "Tyler" ...

"We can drive to anyplace ...
Day and night, across this state,
And in the morning, into Mexico,
We will wake up ...
We will wake up ...
We will, yeah yeah ...
I will be with her ... yeah yeah ...

(long interlude ... and yeah, if you know the song, you're bobbing the head along with me ...)

I finally went out in the kitchen,
While I had myself the urge,
Rummaged through the refrigerator,
Poured myself a beer.

Can't believe I'm really here,
And she's lying in that bed.
I can almost feel her touch,
And her anxious breath ...

I stumble into her way,
Outside the bedroom door,
I hear her call out to me,
I hear the fear in her voice ...

She pulls the covers tighter,
I press against the door ...

I will be with her tonight, yeah!
I will be with her tonight!
I will be with her tonight, yeah!
I will be with her tonight!

I will be with her ... yeah ..."

Go be with her, champ! Go be with the one! Before you wind up like me ... 31, single, and full of regret over the relationships that didn't happen ...

No comments:

week twelve picks

The Statisticals. Last Week SU: 8-6-0. Season to Date SU: 98-62-1. Last Week ATS: 7-7-0. Season to Date ATS: 75-80-6. Last Week Upset / ...