Thursday, October 2, 2008

biden! palin! the veep debate live blog!

Reminder: I'll log back in by 8pm to live blog tonight's Vice Presidential debate. Here's hoping we get a couple Joe Biden classics tonight. Whatever you think of the man, and while I'm not voting for him, I freaking love him ... he always delivers at least two or three memorable moments any time he's at a microphone without a script. Considering this might be his final moment in the spotlight, you know he's gonna deliver. Oh. God love you! What am I talking about?

I'll log into Windows Live Messenger at some time before 8pm if you want to chat. My login is teamtito15@yahoo.com. I think. Not sure if you need the yahoo.com part for a MSN application or not, but just in case, there you go.

7:50pm: I am here. And by "here", I mean in the computer room, TV tuned to OMSNBC right now but heading to ABC for the debate (the one last network left that isn't completely in the tank for one of these candidates).

Then again, my mind's already made up, maybe I'll give FOX a chance.

Funny thoughts entering this thing:

1. from Gregg: What will Biden call Palin? "toots"? I countered with "classy broad". Either way, we're all winners.

2. will Biden call the moderator "mammie"? I'd laugh my ass off if that happened.

3. again from Gregg: tonight's drinking game: take a swig every time Biden stares at the lovely Governor of Alaska. I agree, and would add, double fist it every time the drool is visible on his face.

I'm grabbing a couple slices of pizza and refilling the shiraz. Be back in (chuck woolery voice) two and two ...

oh, and I am now logged into Windows Live Messenger, as promised, as teamtito15@yahoo.com. Feel free to comment along.

(and light a candle in the hopes that this debate exposes the idiocy of the Obama / Biden ticket for what it is ...)

7:56pm: and I'm back. Onto ABC. Good Lord, Judith Light is showing her age. I mean, she did in SVU as that judge she plays ... but wow. I've never seen "Ugly Betty" before, but if I didn't know who the main character was ...

We've got two logged in active participants in the chat. I'm telling you, this blog is going global. We're up to two states, three counties involved!

Life on Mars looks freaking awesome. And The Mentalist is worth checking out on CBS as well.

Seriously, is it too late to flip both tickets?

I wish Charlie Gibson would go by "Chuck". Then Biden could tell him to stand up.

Wow, what a honker on Gwen Ifill. Huge snout.

I like the outfit though. Green on black. Nice look.

Joey!

Both look good. Biden taking a quick cough to begin.

Start with the bailout bill. Jesus Christ he is ogling her.

Biden has no idea what he's talking about. But man, I love this guy.

God forbid anyone make money off this "rescue plan" Senator. Considering we taxpayers are the ones who would benefit from "making money" off this plan.

Biden staring at her chest. God I love Joey.

Bad opening by Palin. Joey wins round one.

Biden hammering McCain, not even acknowleding Palin. Probably a smart strategory.

Palin looking right at Joey as she talks. Very effective. Now she's back on the camera. Biden staring right at her. Jesus, I love Joe Biden.

Great line by Palin, "with all due respect, and I do respect your years in the Senate".

Great line by the biased moderator. "Governor, Senator, you both failed to answer my last question ..."

Palin going after the "predator lenders". Uuh, yeah, fine, but there are "risky lenders" to blame here as well.

Biden looked pissed. This is usually when he comes unhinged.

"Joe six pack". Hey, that's me!

Wow, the bald spot on the back of Joey ... not good. Plus, he has a huge mole on his forehead. Yes, these things matter. To me at least.

Joey at his local gas station. Was everyone there speaking with an Indian accent?

Joey is grinning. (tommy tutone voice) 867 5309 .. 867 5309 ...

Biden so far is winning this. He's been solid. Palin needs to hit at Obama and hit at him hard. Just point out the facts and run on them. Obama is beyond a risky scheme.

On second thought, Palin just put the moderator in her place. Awesome.

Gregg: no pearls? Steve: ridiculous. need to post that in the blog.

So its posted.

This moderator is struggling with her verbage. Must be the Miss Piggy snout. (rimshot!)

Uuh, Joey? Barack wants to REMOVE the payroll tax cap. That means A SHITLOAD OF FOLKS making UNDER 250,000 will see TAX INCREASES! Jesus Christ, common sense, Joey. Common sense.

Thank God, Dusty's back. Hopefully he scored something. I need, uuh, something other than shiraz to listen to this garbage.

Palin touting the public sector. Amen, Governor. Amen.

Gregg: "she's the only middle class person on either ticket". Good point.

Palin hitting health care home. Great dig at the feds.

Oh Lord, here we go. Joey going off tangent!

He's pulling these health care numbers (ian eagle voice) out of thin air!

Although I do like Obama's health care plan. Compared to McCain's anyway.

Biden with the first great line. "I call that the ultimate Bridge to Nowhere!"

God forbid we don't double foreign assistance.

He had another "freudian slip" there.

This is Palin's "second f*cking base" moment upcoming. She can hammer him on this if she does it right.

Biden struggling with "characterize". Another funny line about the light blinking.

Again, Palin can win this debate right here, right now if she hammers him on "unpatriotic" for not paying taxes ...

She botched it. Focused on energy rather than taxes. But she's got a solid double, maybe a triple if Beltran loafs it in center ....

Biden knows she's botched it, he's ready to pounce.

Good point by the moderator: Palin didn't answer the question. Horrible showing on this answer.

And here's Joey. He can win this debate right now.

Wow, HUGE point by Joey, pointing out Palin implemented a windfall profits tax on Big Oil. Governor, you're in trouble tonight.

Governor Palin needs to take a deep breath ... relax ... and just speak. She's way too tight right now. If you can be over-prepared ... she is.

I COMPLETELY agree with Biden, let the courts adjust your mortgage. If the feds are buying them up anyways, let the courts help the folks out.

Here's another home run chance for Palin. And she's nailing it. "East Coast politicians". Great line.

Interesting question. Climate change.

Good answer from Palin. "I don't want to argue about the causes. I want to argue about the answers".

She handled this well. But she left an opening for Joey.

And he's driving a freaking Humvee through said opening.

And Biden just opened the door to Palin, regarding 10 years to get oil to the market.

WHOA! Biden JUST LIED about clean coal.

Palin can still come back if she'd just relax a bit. Biden fucking lied about his support of clean coal. Hit him on it!

She is!

"The comment in a rope line was taken out of context".

The moderator actually shuts Joey down.

Same sex question. I side with Biden on this, and I haven't heard Palin's response yet.

Governor, our Constitution only discriminates based on color of skin, not who you sleep with.

Whoa! Brent agrees with me on this issue!

Palin's answer was dead on.

And Joey just threw the gay folks under the bus. To save the Catholic vote. They BOTH oppose gay marriage.

Both candidates have kids in Iraq. Save the "opposed funding in Iraq" crap. Biden REFUSED to do that. And Palin praises him for it.

I cannot even imagine the pain, frustration, heartache a parent would feel with a child in Iraq. I had a cousin who (thank God) returned alive. Just ... God bless you men and women. God bless you, and keep you safe from harm.

Palin effectively pointing out Biden's differences from Obama. And praising the Biden family. Wonderful moment.

Biden working his mom into the debate. Nice. I LOVE Biden's mom.

Biden blew this. A nuclear Iran is FAR worse than anything Pakistan has.

Biden making a horrid case as to what the real threat is.

If you give a shit about foreign policy, Palin is kicking ass right now.

Another Joey lie.

"Ahmadinejad does not control the security apparatus in Iran". Really?

Joe Biden is a "friend of Israel". Good for him.

OK, I'm ending the blog because the chat is better. I'll post my final thoughts tomorrow.

No comments:

week twelve picks

The Statisticals. Last Week SU: 8-6-0. Season to Date SU: 98-62-1. Last Week ATS: 7-7-0. Season to Date ATS: 75-80-6. Last Week Upset / ...