Thursday, October 23, 2008

previewing the site's next few days ...

* new poll is up. Not sure there's really a "wrong" answer, all 5 have their reason for being there. But one is "more correct" than the others. Good luck.

* week eight picks are up. I'll be honest: I struggled for a "theme intro" this week. But that's the song that popped up on the ITunes as I was looking, and given my favorite team's current status, it fit.

* plan to post a recap of Red Raiders / Jayhawks sometime this weekend. And yes, I am in abject shock and awe that Kansas FOOTBALL!!! is a 1 1/2 point favorite (per USA Today) over the #8 team in the nation. (matchbox 20 voice) let's see how far we've come! let's see how far we've come!

* I plan to live blog at least part of the Chiefs / Jets game. Emphasis on "plan"; I have 3 Halloween parties I am supposed to make an appearance at on Saturday afternoon / evening ... (ok, two to make an "appearance" at, one to "pass out" at ...), plus a day spent in Lawrence for Hawk Football ("Drink like a Champion Today!"). Plus, I have my cousin's kids first birthday party at 4pm on Sunday. I'll try to at least slug out a quarter or so of the game blog-style.

* hope to have my NBA predictions up sometime this weekend as well. I'm not writing a 4 day, 25,000 word preview like The Sports Guy ... but as one of the only three confirmed NBA addicts in KC, I care enough to post my preseason thoughts. (Although Knicks Live! on MSG just won't be the same this year without a riot-ready crowd prepared to storm the court at the first sign of Zeke in the tunnel ...)

* finally, as for Election Night ... I'm leaning towards no live blog. Partly because I just want to watch the night unfold. (And begin packing my bags to (kenny chesney voice) sit right here and have another beer in mexico if Barry wins ...) But mostly, because HD Net and Mark Cuban gave me my hope and prayer, and are unleashing Dan Rather ... live ... on uncensored cable, for Election Night coverage. (And I don't have HD Net in the computer room). Dan Rather. Live. Uncensored. Who knew the Fake Guard Documents would pay off for a 2nd straight election ...

No comments:

week twelve picks

The Statisticals. Last Week SU: 8-6-0. Season to Date SU: 98-62-1. Last Week ATS: 7-7-0. Season to Date ATS: 75-80-6. Last Week Upset / ...