Monday, August 17, 2020

stevo's 2020 nba playoff picks

 I choose to be lazy for this post.  Below is my bracket.  Just a few quick notes round by round ...

Round of Sixteen:

* I have three series going the distance (Rockets / Thunder; Nuggets / Jazz; Celtics / 76ers).  That seems about right.  The series I struggled the most to pick was Nuggets / Jazz.  I think I reset that pick about fifty times.

* I have three series I see in no way, shape or form being competitive (Bucks / Magic; Raptors / Nets; Heat / Pacers).  That seems about right.  The series I struggled the most to pick was deciding if the Bucks sweep, or lose once.  I bet on lose once; the Bucks haven't looked all that spectacular so far in the bubble.

* I have two series I see going either way, both involving teams in LA.  I have one being upset by a "superior" underdog.  I can see both losing, and I can see both winning, for whatever that's worth.

Round of Eight:

* With one exception, I think this round will be relatively non-competitive.  I think both one seeds cruise to the Conference Finals.  I think the one "upset", will see the "underdog" get out to a 3-1 lead, then split games five and six to reach the Conference Finals.

* The one competitive series, I think will be amongst the best of the best of the last ten, twelve years.  If I was a Celtics fan, I'd be sweating out every series draw -- 76ers to start, the defending champs next, the best team in the League after that.  With likely the survivor of the two LA teams in The Finals to boot.  Sweet Jesus, that is murderer's row.

Conference Finals:

* LeBron trumps Luka ... for now.  I love this Mavericks team, for what it's worth.

* The rematch of last year's Eastern Finals ... and three years' ago's Eastern First Round, will finally go the Bucks way.  Yes, I am biased, bigoted, and completely unashamed in this prediction.  The third time is the charm.  And if not ... I've made worse predictions on this site.

 The Finals:

* The two best teams meet.  On a completely neutral court.  For all the b*tching about how this postseason may be (stewie griffin voice) roo-eened by "the bubble" ... I argue the opposite.  No postseason will ever deliver a more true champion.  There is no home-court advantage to deal with or adjust for.  The best team will win.  And man, I can so start getting used to the team I root for, being the best in its' sport.  Saw it with the Chiefs six months ago; will see it again with the Bucks in six weeks.

Predicted Champion: Bucks over Lakers in six.

The Bracket:

No comments:

week twelve picks

The Statisticals. Last Week SU: 8-6-0. Season to Date SU: 98-62-1. Last Week ATS: 7-7-0. Season to Date ATS: 75-80-6. Last Week Upset / ...