Sunday, August 16, 2020

the next few weeks ...

Hi there.  

Believe it or not, my liver hasn't quit on me yet!  It's survived five months of working from home, three months of awesome summer weather, two months floating in the pool, and five -- five! (and counting) -- South Dakota incoming visits, including this weekend with Andrew and Billy, who combined still can't outdrink me, no matter how much they try.

(Seriously, you two needed a nap yesterday evening?  Are you bleeping kidding me?  You don't disappear for a nap at 7pm, just before we're supposed to hit up everyone's favorite "lounge"!  In the words of Judge Judy: "that's outrageous behavior!  Outrageous!")

Anyways, since I haven't posted in five months, here we are.  Because I plan some posts over the next few weeks.

I plan to "live blog" the DNC and RNC, at least a little bit each night.  I'm not sure how this is going to work, because (a) I'm not sure if the speakers will be live in front of an audience, or (b) simulcast from their basements to a virtual audience.  

But either way, I'm not missing the abject clown car show both of these things are shaping up to be.  The Democrat nominee might not know his full name; the Republican nominee is planning to break federal law on his speech location.  In the words of one of the greatest sitcom theme songs of all times: "ain't we lucky we got 'em?  Good Times!!!!!!!!!"

I hope to have my NBA playoff picks up by tomorrow.  My favorite team is the betting favorite to emerge from the East, if not win this whole thing.  It's a weird spot to be in -- to go from adopting a team because of how sh*tty it is, to being the best team in the League, in barely ten years.  Then again, the Chiefs just did that, in five fewer years, so what do I know.

Huge Game Four in Edmonton this afternoon with the Stars and Flames.  The Stars have sucked something awful since the restart, losing five of seven games that count, and the only two wins have been in a shootout against the defending champ Blues, and via a late gifted goal in Game Two.  Faceoff is 1pm Dallas Time on CNBC.  It's not often I get to say this ... but I need a lot of Pantera in my life this afternoon.

And of course, we're less than four weeks out from the Chiefs opener, and still have no idea as Season Ticket Members if any of us will be allowed in, and how that draft lottery for ticket disbursement will work.  Which means I owe you my annual exercise in futility absolute success, my NFL season predictions.  I plan to have those up by Labor Day weekend.

So lots coming in the next few weeks.  I look forward to providing the content to you.  In the words of another great 1970s sitcom theme song: "welcome back, welcome back, welcome back!!!!" ...

No comments:

week twelve picks

The Statisticals. Last Week SU: 8-6-0. Season to Date SU: 98-62-1. Last Week ATS: 7-7-0. Season to Date ATS: 75-80-6. Last Week Upset / ...