“Each day I live?
I want to be
A day to give,
The best of me.
I’m only one,
But not alone.
My finest day?
Is yet unknown!
I broke my heart
For every gain.
To taste the sweet?
I faced the pain.
I rise and fall,
Yet through it all?
This much remains …
I want one moment in time,
When I’m more than I thought I could be!
When all of my dreams? Are a heartbeat away,
And the answers, are all up to me!
Give me one moment in time!
When I’m racing with destiny!
Then? In that one moment of time?
I will feel, I will feel,
Last Week ATS: 8-7-0.
Season to Date ATS: 41-48-2.
Last Week SU: 7-8-0.
Season to Date SU: 50-40-1.
Last Week “Screw You Pete King” Upset / Week: winner, winner, chicken dinner!
Season to Date U/W ATS: 3-3-0.
Season to Date U/W SU: 3-3-0.
This Week’s “Screw You Pete King” Upset / Week: it’s a special “Two For One” week! I like the 49ers (+7) to upset the donkeys on Sunday night. The other one? (Pause). (Lengthy Pause). (damien voice) oh sh*t! He’s going there! He believes! (stevo voice) Damned right I believe. The second Upset O’ The Week? Take a mother f*cking guess.
The Non-Jets, Non-Chiefs Best Guesses:
* at Colts (-3) 31, Bengals 20. Sorry Cincy, but you tie Carolina at home, and get so humiliated in Foxboro that we need to run a shower for you to clean yourself off, I’m not betting on you.
* Titans (+5) 24, at Redskins 21. When “Should Colt McCoy Start This Game” is a credible headline, you aren’t a credible team.
* at Bears (-3) 24, Dolphins 14. Should have fired “Regis” at the bye week, Mammals.
* Browns (-5 ½) 31, at Jaguars 13. I ask this with all due seriousness. Have the Browns 2.0 EVER been a five and a half point road favorite? Also, “Gordon Shumway Game O’ The Week!”
* at Rams (+6) 31, Seahawks 24. Gut feeling.
* at Packers 24, Panthers (+7) 21. Overtime.
* at Ravens (-7) 45, Falcons 13. “Webster Game O’ The Week!”
* at Bills (+5 ½) 34, Vikings 2. “Good Times Game O’ The Week!”
* Saints (+2 ½) 16, Lions 10. To think this was a wildcard game as recently as three years ago.
* at Cowboys 31, Giants (+6 ½) 27. I am not sold on this pick at all. The road team usually wins this game. Especially in Arlington.
* “Super” Cardinals (-3 ½) 27, at raiders 14. There’s a damned decent chance your Arizona “Super” Cardinals could be TWO CLEAR of the division, by the time the sun rises on Monday morning. And they’d have a game in hand on the 49ers to boot. (Stevo anxiously looking to the sky in anticipation of the Second Coming, at that potential reality …)
* 49ers (+7) 28, at donkeys 24. This might be the biggest five days of the Chiefs season – Sunday October 19 to Thursday October 23. Two favorable outcomes Sunday … and one epic showdown a week from today, at fake mile high.
* at Steelers (-3) 24, Texans 20. I might flip this one by Monday, just a FYI. The Steelers are that awful. Which really makes me smile with joy.
“The Voice of Reason”’s, uuh, Reason:
To be posted when (and/or if) received, and only edited for font and text size.
I suspect he’ll have something to say, about Wednesday night …
The Tailgating Plans:
There are no The Tailgating Plans, due to this being a Chiefs road game.
The Watching Party Plans:
There are The Watching Party Plans, however, and you all are invited. We won the McFadden’s Tailgaters O’ The Game! Prize at the Patriots game, giving us a lovely giftcard for a few hundred bucks at McFadden’s down in Power and Light, which is where we’ll be to watch the Chiefs / Chargers game. I would guess we’ll arrive around 3ish, and just enjoy the day on those fine folks tab for as long as we can.
Feel free to come out and join us. Just look for the goofy-as-hell looking dude in the red Puma Chiefs sweatshirt with a football bead around his neck, and you’ll be in the right place.
There is no The Poem, on account of the Chiefs playing a road game this week.
The “Klassy” Kevin Keitzman Tweet O’ The Week:
All I can say, is that I hope every single person reading this, felt that exact same reaction, to last night.
Oh, and one more thing:
Take. The. God. Damned. Crown!
The Jets Best Guess:
Really, it's not much of a guess.
This team is atrocious. The Patriots aren't.
The NFL record for most points in a game is 77. The record for margin of victory is 74. Both are in danger of falling tonight.
* at Patriots (-9 1/2) 56, Jets 0.
The Chiefs Prognostication (and Commentary):
I had planned for this to be a post worth reading, but unfortunately, a couple real-life events have cropped up, that have limited my ability to write. So I'll just say this:
I believe the Chiefs are going to win Sunday.
That, and the next time I cry, like I did after this?
It will involve the Chiefs, and bringing Lamar's Trophy home:
I want one moment in time.
When I'm more than I thought I could be.
I defy you not to cry, over that moment.
Because this guy? Not only cried like a newborn baby in a bowling alley watching that moment ... he's got 29 years of built-up tears, ready to be shed Tuesday night.
And makes no f*cking apologies for it.
* Chiefs (+4) 27, at Chargers 24.