Friday, November 3, 2017

the week nine picks

Last Week SU: 10-3-0.
Season to Date SU: 75-44-0.

Last Week ATS: 6-7-0.
Season to Date ATS: 68-47-4.

Last Week Upset / Week: it’s a cover.
Season to Date Upset / Week: 4-4-0 SU; 5-3-0 ATS.
This Week’s Upset / Week: (stevo sighing in disgust voice) take a mother f*cking guess.  

The Non-Jets, Non-Chiefs Predictions:

* Byes: Patriots, Steelers, “Super” Chargers, Browns, Vikings, Bears.
* those people (+8) 24, at Eagles 14.  
* Rams (-4) 34, at Giants 13.  “Webster Game O’ The Week” honors.
* at Saints (-6 ½) 38, Bucs 14.  “Empty Nest Game O’ The Week” honors.
* Bengals (+5 ½) 31, at Jaguars 20.
* “Shane” Falcons (-2) 27, at Panthers 21.
* at Texans (-6 ½) 13, Colts 6.  “ALF Game O’ The Week” honors.
* at Titans (-3 ½) 24, Ravens 20.
* “Super” Cardinals (-2 ½) 6, at 49ers 0.  “Good Times Game O’ The Week” honors.
* at Seahawks 21, Redskins (+7) 20.
* raiders (-3) 41, at Dolphins 14.
* Lions (-2) 31, at Packers 21.

The Jets Best Guess:

My pick was * at Jets (+3 ½) 20, Bills 16.

The Chiefs Prognostication:

My apologies up front that this is just the picks, and pretty much nothing but the picks.  Very busy week at work, coupled with a tight travel schedule this weekend for the Chiefs game, tripled with a sad loss of life.

(Condolences to my bowling league teammate and great friend “that DeHart guy”, who lost his dad on Sunday.  You’re in my prayers dude.)

If you’re going to Dallas, I can tell you we are tailgating / pregaming at the hotel, which apparently I was mistaken as to which one it was.  (I thought we were staying at the La Quinta.  We’re not.  We’re staying across the street at the Red Roof Inn. (Pause). What? (Pause). You're godd*mned right that light better be on.)  

The decision for tailgating was easy: we already have to pay to park there, and if you saw parking prices for AT&T Stadium, you’d go with the devil you know over the devil you don’t as well.

I am sitting in Section 227.  At last count there are 18 of us, most of whom are in 227.  Swing by if you wish.

As for the game itself ...

* Chiefs (+2 ½) 31, at Cowboys 28 (OT).  The Butt Kicker will do it.  At the gun.  From 41.  To force overtime.  And then do it again, with about four minutes left in overtime, from 22.

If I get a chance later Friday, and on the flight down Saturday, I’ll try to type up what this trip means to me and post it.  If not, I’ll try to do it in the (possible) recap next week.  Because this one means a lot to me.  Even if 99.46% of the people who read why, won’t grasp the reason why …

Also, I have about six thoughts from the Chiefs victory over those people I’d like to post at some point -- one of which matters a lot to me, in a non-positive, “I wanted to punch someone for asking the question” kind of way.  Let’s just all be glad I restrained myself.  Which given how much I’d already had to drink, is (I think) a credit to me?  To be brutally honest, I’ve given up figuring out how my chemical dependency on a liquid beverage factors into the equation between good and bad ...

No comments:

week twelve picks

The Statisticals. Last Week SU: 8-6-0. Season to Date SU: 98-62-1. Last Week ATS: 7-7-0. Season to Date ATS: 75-80-6. Last Week Upset / ...