Saturday, January 31, 2009

he's in. praise god almighty, he's in!

I first saw the news playing blackjack with my brother at a corner table at the Isle today.

I was down about $250 at that point. (And made a tremendous, tremendous rally to get almost back to even from that point on. Hooray Pai Gow!)

Anyways. Every flat screen around us had the NFLN on it.

And the glorious news.

DT is in.

The Hall of Fame.

Derrick Thomas becomes either number 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, or 243, to enter the hallowed grounds of Canton, Ohio, as an illustrious member.

I nearly shed tears watching Clark Hunt give his remarks. I nearly shed tears again getting multiple text messages along the lines of "he's in!", "DT in HOF!", "Wait is over, DTs IN!!!"

My reaction will forever be recorded as the first posted comment to DT's biggest supporter, Bob Gretz', reaction to DT getting in.

For that, I am eternally grateful.

The response speaks for itself.

(Here's hoping Canton, Ohio is a helluva lot more fun that Canton, Illinois ... no offense to anyone affiliated with the Grigsby clan over that remark ...)

--------------------
(the link: http://www.bobgretz.com/chiefs-football/it%e2%80%99s-about-time.html/comment-page-1#comment-12500)

One Response to “It’s About Time”
January 31, 2009 - steve says:
enjoy 15 of them champ! you have earned every one of them. thank you, thank you, thank you, for never letting dr. z’s ridiculous assertations get you down, for never giving up the fight. thank you sir, for this moment. you, by standing up for DT, gave every Chiefs fan … you just gave us what we needed.

on behalf of my little seat in Arrowhead Nation, and I’d be lying if I said what seat in 132 I am next year, since they’re all changing numbers … on behalf of my little section of Arrowhead Nation, thank you for all you did.

Can’t wait until that magical August afternoon when the world will get to appreciate what so many of us did throughout the 90s …

--------------------

I've never looked forward to a "roadie" like this one ...

No comments:

week twelve picks

The Statisticals. Last Week SU: 8-6-0. Season to Date SU: 98-62-1. Last Week ATS: 7-7-0. Season to Date ATS: 75-80-6. Last Week Upset / ...