Friday, January 30, 2009

(facebook voice) 25 things about me ...

I already posted "The Ultimate Steve Quiz" last year (go to the July postings, and take the quiz before reading the answers, no cheating on this site, unless it gets Democrats elected ...)

But I keep getting tagged with this "reveal 25 things about you people may not know" tag. So rather than send it to only 25 people, here you go, for anyone and everyone to read:

(and yes, I get more lengthy and long winded the further you go. That's Steve style champ, deal with it).

1. I like kids, but right now I have no desire to ever have one (or more) of my own.

2. My favorite fast food joint is Taco Bueno.

3. I would give just about anything to move back to Texas.

4. Any day below 70 degrees is too cold for my liking.

5. I believe there is no such thing as it being "too hot outside". My ideal day is 105 and sunny with a slight breeze. Which we get here in KC maybe one, two weekends a year. Hence my desire to move back to Texas.

6. There is no event in life that you cannot tailgate at.

7. I believe people who focus entirely on the afterlife, miss the entire reason for our existance in the first place. Life was meant to be enjoyed, to be lived to the fullest, not to be spent in a pew being told how evil you are for daring to enjoy this great gift of life that God gave us.

8. From the "Steve reveals too much" department: I have to be very picky about the clothes I wear / purchase, because I have overactive sweat glands.

9. I love Curious George.

10. The only times in the last year that I cried was (a) when I held my nephew for the first time, (b) when Mario Chalmers hit the 3 to send the National Title Game to overtime, and (c) as the Chiefs knelt down to beat the denver broncos. Priorities.

11. I am a 130 bowler. That is pathetic.

12. I once called former Royals catcher Ed Hearn "that son of a b*tch we traded David Cone for" to his face. Good times!

13. I think if Jesus came back today, and saw what religious conservatives have done to this country in His name, he would shake his head and scream "cracked magazine! unbelievable!"

14. I am still infuriated that the super delegates chose Barry over Hillary. It was a deciding factor in my vote last fall, and it will be a factor in my vote in 2012.

15. I am too laid back and trusting for my own good.

16. The saddest day of my life was either James' funeral, or Randy's funeral. The fact they occurred within 6 weeks of each other just made life miserable for a while.

17. I opted not to attend Baylor University because they drug the live bear mascot out of his cave on a 112 degree day for us prospective students to see. That's just mean. He's a bear! Fur, hair everywhere! Let him sleep in the cool cave.

18. I really only keep in touch with two people from college.

19. There is only one thing in life I have ever done and/or been a part of, that I wish I could do over again. Everything else negative since that moment, I accept as fallout and/or payback, from that decision.

20. Karma is a bitch. And I'm not referring to the deaf chick from Cottey College.

21. My ideal day: wake up at 7am. Stumble out to the main room, turn on the TV. See buddies crashed on the couch, ready for day two of the race weekend experience. Weather comes on FOX 4, forecast is 102 and sunny. Fist pump for joy! Hit the shower. Emerge by 7:15, everyone starting to wake up. By 8am, the Blazer's loaded with coolers, chairs, sunscreen and washer sets. Off to the Speedway we go! In the gates by 8:30. Shirt off by 8:31. Spend 6 hours enjoying a hot, sunny, summer day the way it was intended to be enjoyed: with a washer / baggo / football in one hand, a frosty cold Coors Light in the other, as Incubus or Jack Johnson or Dave Matthews blares from the stereo (and smoke you'd expect at one of their concerts makes its away around the tailgate). Head in at 2:30 for driver intros. The hornets nest of IndyCar engines springs to life at 3. Race ends at 5 with whoever I have in the betting pool winning. Tailgate the rest of the day away, leave as the sun goes down ... and call in sick the next morning before the boss arrives.

Sadly, the IRL deprived me of that magical July day I lived for when they moved our race to April. Damned bastards. But that still describes a weekend in Indy, so for that, I'm grateful ...

22. Greatest grocery shopping spree ever: early November 1998. Me, Frank, Vineet, Mike and Niko are in a Thursday night bowling league at the beautiful Don Carter's All Star Lanes Southwest (yup, with security posted at the door). Its about 12:30am when we leave. We need groceries, so me and Frank head to the Tom Thumb on Collins to do some late night shopping (a 24 hour grocery and liquor provider. God Bless Texas!!!) Anyways, we're working our way through the store and discover Heineken 12 packs on sale for $7.99.

With no limit.

After confirming with the overnight stockboy that there is, in fact, no limit, we literally buy out the entire display. We had like $35 worth of food ... and $300 worth of Heineken.

(Man, I miss having the 'rents credit card sometimes ...)

23. I believe no truer words have ever been spoken than how the Beatles ended their recordings together. "And in the end. The love you take. Is equal to the love you make".

24. I can honestly say my brother is one of my best friends. That's something far too few people can say, sadly.

And finally ...

25. All I want out of life at this point is to meet a girl I can be good friends with. I'm not looking for a "girlfriend", or a "fiance" or (gag) a "wife" ... I just want someone that's fun, that's cool to hang out with, that is one of the group. And if something comes from that, great. But I want to start small, simple. Just a friend. Or as Biz Markie would say, "you say I'm just a friend ..." Yeah, just a friend. (If its with benefits, hooray Steve!). Nothing serious, just a friend. That's a girl. The two words don't have to go (marty page voice on indycar broadcasts) side-by-side ...

No comments:

week twelve picks

The Statisticals. Last Week SU: 8-6-0. Season to Date SU: 98-62-1. Last Week ATS: 7-7-0. Season to Date ATS: 75-80-6. Last Week Upset / ...