Thursday, March 24, 2011

for post numero ... uuh 380 ...

I'm just keeping it short and simple.

I will keep blogging no matter what, because I like doing this. I love the "Idol" recaps (and in four weeks, live blogs). I love the Chiefs recaps (and live blogs). I love the KU stuff. I love letting people into my life, because honestly, I think I'm one of the most effed up people walking the planet, and if former NFL players are donating their brains to science, well, (shannon voice) yours needs to go too someday Stevo! But not someday soon!

So my question is this ...

It's been a while since anyone commented, or checked an option at the bottom of the post, about anything on this site. I know people read it because I get emails at work, and hear about what I wrote, from various folks. But a little appreciation would be deserved.

If you like what I write, if you hate what I write, would it kill you to check a box at the bottom of the column? Or send me a "you rock stevo!" or (and I'm calling you out Chris ... excuse me, "anonymous") a "the NBA sucks! How can you spend time writing about the NBA?!?!" comment again?

Ask anyone who knows me. I'm as reasonable ... ok, not really. I'm as rational ... ok, scrap that. But -- on this one I know I'm right! -- I am the one person in life you will ever meet who does not worry about the obvious, and doesn't take himself seriously. Its a survival trait. It's served me way too well over the years. Expect the worst, and deal with it when it comes.

Having said that, I have some ideas for this site going forward that I want to do -- more podcasts, more webcam interactive deals, more guest columns (and yes chica, I'm still waiting for the first one, hint hint) ... basically ... I'm 34. It's time to make some changes in life. You can only do the obvious for so long before the obvious becomes you.

Saturday I went to my step-cousin's wedding. I don't know the guy all that well. I honestly don't want to know the guy all that well. But one thing I respect about him -- both he and his ex-wife saw the writing on the wall, pulled the plug on a failed marriage ... and both emerged as better people and parents because of it. Their daughter looked beautiful. His ex-wife was in the audience Saturday. They're friends, and exes. (Hey, I know that routine!)

Here's my point -- I've done reinsurance accounting for 12 years and counting. I'm better than this. I know where my passion lies. It lies in ... uuh, alcohol and weed. (Just kidding mom! Only occasionally it lies in weed).

No, my passion lies in being able to express what I think, what I believe. It lies in being a writer. At the risk of sounding like Lucas Scott (everyone other than Damien voice: who?), at the risk of that, it's what I want to do. I don't have a great American novel in me. I sure as all hell don't have Mr. Holland's Opus in me. But I might have something fun to read and entertaining as hell in me if given the chance. Maybe it's time to go for it.

I just know this: if the 15-20 people who confess to "regularly reading the site" can't comment at this point, it's time to pull the plug. So please, if you think I'm at least semi-entertaining, let me know in the comments, let me know in this freaky voting feature at the bottom ...

Or at least email me and say "hey champ, keep it up. You make me laugh my ass off in the second office every morning you post". I don't ask for much. I certainly don't make much off this, since I refuse to post ad links that could raise $.02 a click. (I refuse, REFUSE!, to insult your intelligence).

In the next 18 months, we have an election coming up, we have conventions, (and God knows my live blogs / recaps were off the charts in 2008!), we have a baseball season that, for the first time since 2004, I am fired up about (just wait until Sunday's post ... uuh scratch that, might be Monday if KU does the expected on Friday and Sunday ... anyways, I've been working on this for three f*cking weeks, and I'm the guy who last year said he was done with baseball).

I guess what I'm trying to say is this: it's cool if nobody ever comments or clicks or responds on the site. But every once in a while, (dr. evil voice) throw me a friggin' bone! I love doing this. Let me know I'm not alone, I guess.

(And if not? Hell, like I'll stop posting? (ochocinco voice) Child please!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will work on it today. Also, I think it's time for another fake mailbag post.

KH

Anonymous said...

MER POTTS

Anonymous said...

hey champ, keep it up. You make me laugh my ass off in the second office every morning you post

week twelve picks

The Statisticals. Last Week SU: 8-6-0. Season to Date SU: 98-62-1. Last Week ATS: 7-7-0. Season to Date ATS: 75-80-6. Last Week Upset / ...