Monday, August 12, 2013

big brother 15 power poll 5.0

"Oh I know you're going.  But I can't believe --
It's the way that you're leaving.
It's like we never knew each other at all!
It may be my fault?

I gave you too many reasons.  Being alone,
When you didn't want to.
I thought you'd always be there!
I almost believed you.

All this time?
I still remember everything you said.
There's so much you promised,
How could I ever forget?

Listen ...

You know I love you, but I just can't take this.
You know I love you, but I'm playing for keeps.
Although I need you, I'm not gonna make this.
You know I want to, but I'm in too deep ..."

-- "In Too Deep" by Genesis.

--------------------

Well, give CBS this: when they promise us an explosive live show?  They deliver an explosive live show.

Epic verbal showdown between Candice and GinaMarie?  Check.  Multiple houseguests crying due to insults being hurled around?  Check.  Shocking back-door eviction to end the special "one week in one hour, live!" episode?  You betcha.

Let's do this, although this'll be a quickie poll, not the in-depth type you're more used to.  Sorry; got too much stuff going on right now.

Prior editions of the Big Brother 15 Power Poll:

Power Poll 4.0
Power Poll 3.0
Power Poll 2.0
Power Poll 1.0

As always, rankings are based on two things:

(a) how I feel about the houseguest, and
(b) how entertaining is said houseguest.

(B) always trumps (A).

Key: Rank (4.0 ranking, 3.0 ranking, 2.0 ranking, 1.0 ranking).  Reason(s) for current ranking.

And just because (I need to crank this out quick to get on to other stuff that matters more to me)?  I'm giving you a theme!  A Shakespeare quote to fit each houseguest!  (kazoo voice) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy?

--------------------

16. David (16, 16, 16, 1).  "A poor player that struts and frets his hour on the stage, and then is heard from no more.  A tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." -- from "Macbeth".  (Eliminated first.)

15. Nick (15, 15, 15, 8).  "The fool doth think he's wise; but the wise man knows himself to be a fool." -- from "As You Like It".  (Eliminated second).

14. Jeremy (14, 14, 14, 5).  "I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed!" -- Shakespeare himself.  (Eliminated third).

13. Kaitlin (13, 13, 10, 13).  "Dispute not with her; she is lunatic." -- from "Richard III".  (Eliminated fourth).

12. Howard (9, 12, 13, 7).  "The Devil can cite Scripture for his purpose." -- from "The Merchant of Venice".  (Eliminated fifth).

11. Candice (4, 7, 7, 6).  "The lady doth protest too much, methinks." -- from "Hamlet".  (Evicted sixth).

10. Judd (5, 2, 1, 10).  "There's an old saying that applies to me: you can't lose a game, if you don't play a game." -- from "Romeo and Juliet".  (Evicted seventh).

9. Jessie (12, 10, 6, 4).  "For which of my bad parts did thou first fall in love with me?" -- from "Much Ado About Nothing".  (Nominated for eviction).

8. Spencer (11, 9, 11, 12).  "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark." -- from "Hamlet".  (Nominated for eviction).

7. Amanda (6, 11, 12, 3).  "I pray you, do not fall in love with me, for I am falser than vows made in wine." -- from "As You Like It".

6. McCrae (7, 8, 8, 14).  "True love cannot be found where it truly does not exist, nor can it be hidden where it truly does." -- Shakespeare himself.

5. Elissa (10, 6, 9, 16).  "Hell is empty, and all the devils are here." -- from "The Tempest".

4. Helen (3, 1, 3, 15).  "The temptor or the tempted -- who sins most?" -- from "Measure for Measure".

3. Andy (2, 3, 4, 9).  "Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent underneath it." -- from "Macbeth".  (Head of Household).

2. GinaMarie (8, 5, 5, 11).  "Madness in great ones must not unwatched go." -- from "Hamlet".

1. Aaryn (1, 4, 2, 2).  "The devil hath power to assume a pleasing shape." -- from "Hamlet".

No comments:

week twelve picks

The Statisticals. Last Week SU: 8-6-0. Season to Date SU: 98-62-1. Last Week ATS: 7-7-0. Season to Date ATS: 75-80-6. Last Week Upset / ...