Monday, June 14, 2010

a quick preview ...

of what I think keeps the Big XII intact.

And no. Its not Texas.

Its not A&M. Or Oklahoma. Or that red-headed stepchild of a State school down there. (Like the red-headed stepchild of a school in Kansas).

The ONLY way keeping the Big XII together in ANY current semblance, the ONLY way this makes sense ...

Is if Notre Dame is on the horizon.

Football drives everything in the NCAA. The Big XII currently cannot stage a conference title game, due to ten teams. The North lost the two teams most responsible for its, uuh, alleged "success" the last fifteen years.

You can move OU to the North, fine. That only makes sense if TCU is plucked to move to the South. (A move I fully expect to happen shortly).

So you still need one more to go title-gaming.

Why NOT Notre Dame?

The "bribe" today to hold the conference together gives Texas the right to form its own TV network. Like Notre Dame wouldn't take that offer? I can hear it now:

(big xii dude) yeah, you join our league ... you can form your own network! NBC can't possibly match that revenue just on football rights alone!
(notre dame dude) sweet! where do i sign!

I've been called crazy, I've been called nuts, I've been called "destined for Two Rivers Psychiatric Ward on 51st and Raytown Road". But on this, on THIS ... I think I'm 100% Psychic.

Notre Dame is coming to the Big XII. Along with my alma mater.

Its the ONLY way today's conference "saving" makes sense ...

As always ... (mr. hoduski voice) stay tuned ...

No comments:

week twelve picks

The Statisticals. Last Week SU: 8-6-0. Season to Date SU: 98-62-1. Last Week ATS: 7-7-0. Season to Date ATS: 75-80-6. Last Week Upset / ...