Thursday, October 4, 2018

week five non-chiefs picks

"It's time to play the music!
It's time to light the lights!
It's time to meet the Muppets,
On the Muppet Show Tonight!

It's time to put on makeup!
It's time to dress up right!
It's time to raise the curtain,
On the Muppet Show Tonight!

Why do we always come here?
I guess we'll never know.
It's like a kind of torture,
To have to watch the show!

And now let's get things started!
Why don't you get things started!
It's time to get things started!
On the most sensational!

Inspirational!
Celebrational!
Muppetational!
This is what we call the Muppets Show!!!!!

(gonzo) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

-- The Theme from "The Muppet Show Tonight".

--------------------

Last Week SU: 11-4-0.
Season to Date SU: 38-23-2.

Last Week ATS: 7-5-3.
Season to Date ATS: 34-25-4.

Last Week Upset / Week: it's a cover.
Season to Date Upset / Week: 2-2-0 SU; 2-1-1 ATS.
This Week's Upset / Week: raiders (+6) over "Super" Chargers.

--------------------

The Non-Chiefs Picks:

* at Patriots 30, Colts (+10) 21.
* at Bills (+3 1/2) 19, Titans 14"ALF Game O' The Week" honors.
* "Shane" Falcons (+3) 34, at Steelers 13.
* at Jets (-1) 24, those people 14.
* at Lions (+1) 31, Packers 23.
* at Browns (+3) 20, Ravens 16.
* at Panthers (-7) 45, Giants 0"Empty Nest Game O' The Week" honors.
* Dolphins (+6 1/2) 22, at Bengals 20.
* raiders (+6) 31, at "Super" Chargers 20.
* at 49ers (-4 1/2) 13, "Super" Cardinals 6.  "Good Times Game O' The Week" honors.
* at Eagles (-3) 34, Vikings 30.
* at Seahawks (+7) 24, Rams 23.
* at Texans (-3) 38, Cowboys 24.
* at Saints 31, Redskins (+6 1/2) 30.

--------------------

Apologies for a second week in a row, for a short picks post.  I'm still two recaps behind that I really want to finish and post (the 49ers home game / the those people road trip).  In addition, for those of you who don't know who I am ... congratulations!  You've won life's lottery!  Nah, just kidding.  My day job is that I am a reinsurance accountant (trust me, you don't want to know) for a fairly well known Kansas City based insurance company, and I am dealing with month and quarter end right now, so I don't have a lot of free time ... and pretty much burned up all of it with the roadie to denver earlier this week.  (Pause).  What?  (Pause).  Well of course PTO wasn't the only thing I burned in denver earlier this week!  Come on!  I was lit by 4:20 local time the day I arrived for crying out loud!

So once again, my profound apologies.  Hopefully Week Six will be better ... but it'll probably be Week Seven before things get back to normal around here.  (Namely, I type this post up while enjoying the Drink O' The Week on Wednesday night.)

Chiefs / Jags thoughts, comments, and pick coming by Saturday evening.  (For what it's worth, I'm 4-0 both SU and ATS picking the Chiefs this year ... and 1-0 picking them as the Upset O' The Week.  Which doesn't apply on Sunday.  But still.  #dialedin)

Also, by Saturday midday we might have a clue regarding The Tailgating Plans.  (If you aren't from KC ... there's a 100% chance of rain Saturday, a 90% chance of rain Sunday, and a 75% chance of rain Monday here.  That ... that's not good, when you sit outside of the overhang in the lower bowl, as I do.)

Oh, and the reason for your theme to this post?  Really?  You have to ask?



Of all the reasons to irrationally love this man?

I am no longer the owner of THE weirdest, worst sounding voice in the Kansas City metropolitan area!  Woo me!  Yay Stevo!  Go Kermie!  I mean, go Mahomie!

(Also, admit it -- I look even hotter today, than I did then.  #aginglikeafinewine)

No comments:

week twelve picks

The Statisticals. Last Week SU: 8-6-0. Season to Date SU: 98-62-1. Last Week ATS: 7-7-0. Season to Date ATS: 75-80-6. Last Week Upset / ...