Friday, October 16, 2009

the week 6 picks ... via the first podcast ...

Let's give this a try ...


And while I'm waiting for this to upload, a few college picks:

* MU 38, at Oklahoma State 34. The game that derailed my national title pick from last year ... derails my Big XII title pick from this year. MU somehow finds a way to win this one on the road. I'll probably be asleep before kickoff if day six of my flu virus goes as well as the first five have ... but I love MU in this spot.

* KU 45, at Colorado 20. I do not expect this to be competitive in any way, shape, or form.

* OU 20, Texas 10, in Dallas. Upset? I say no. OU's healthy, finally, and they're the better team. That, and I want OU / KU in primetime on ABC with GameDay in Lawrence. Is once a century having Chris, Kirk, and Lee in Baby Jay's head gear show up in Lawrence too much to ask?

(And as a veteran of multiple State Fairs ... the food is even better than they praise it to be on television. You can't beat the turkey legs. And yes, they deep fry butter inside a tortilla. Its God's gift to gluttony. That, or the deep fried Twinkie. Good God I miss Texas ...)

* at Notre Dame 41, USC 30. Again, I don't consider this an upset. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Notre Dame can win this game twice a decade.

Wow, the GameDay intro shows the Hawks leaving the locker room. I just got chills. Hawk Football: We've Finally Arrived!!!

Seriously, I cannot even imagine Lawrence next Saturday if GameDay shows up. How effing awesome would Chris, Kirk, Desmond and Corso be on the Campanille? With 20,000 Hawk fans behind them? (And a couple thousand OU fans). Again, I'm getting chills. Then again, I've been having chills all week from this flu bug so maybe that's what I'm feeling ...

And since the "podcast" effed up ... my final pick was Redskins (-6 1/2) 23, Chiefs 13.

No comments:

week twelve picks

The Statisticals. Last Week SU: 8-6-0. Season to Date SU: 98-62-1. Last Week ATS: 7-7-0. Season to Date ATS: 75-80-6. Last Week Upset / ...