Friday, October 23, 2009

the week seven predictions

For anyone who needs a pick-me-up, I give you THE highlight from the last Chiefs season worth a damn, also the last time we beat San Diego at home. Joe Nedney. Hero extrodinaire.

Or as I remember it ...

(Oh, and if you missed my point-on spot analysis of how huge, how absolutely hu-yuge, tomorrow's game in Lawrence is, just scroll down to the next post ... or click here ... because yeah, tomorrow is arguably THE single biggest day in Jayhawk Football history ...)

----------------

Last Week SU: 8-6-0.
Season to Date SU: 54-36-0.

Last Week ATS: 8-6-0.
Season to Date ATS: 45-47-0.

Last Week Upset / Week: seriously, God must really hate me.
Season to Date Upset / Week: 4-2, W3 (all denver).
This Week's Upset / Week: I am picking this straight based on Wayne Allyn Root principles. Redskins (+7) over Eagles.

The Non-Chiefs Predictions:

* at Texans (-3) 31, 49ers 20.
* Patriots 28, Bucs (+14 1/2) 20 (in London).
* Colts (-13) 34, at Rams 3.
* at Steelers (-4) 31, Vikings 20.
* Packers (-7) 34, Browns 13.
* at Panthers 27, Bills (+7) 24.
* at raiders (+6) 17, Jets 13.
* Bears (+1 1/2) 31, at Bengals 20.
* at Cowboys (-4) 28, Falcons 20.
* Saints (-6 1/2) 34, at Dolphins 13.
* at Redskins (+7) 13, Eagles 10.

The Chiefs Prediction:

I'm not gonna lie ... I can't guarantee my presence on Sunday.

If the current forecast (49 and rain) holds, I won't show up. I spent all last week in bed, puking my guts out. I refuse to put myself in a position to do that again.

Having said that ...

The last time the Chiefs beat the Chargers in Kansas City ... I accurately nailed the Tynes last second field goal for the win. Its the "prediction" that put me on the map. (Or, more accurately, its the prediction that Damien emailed to several other people with a "holy sh*t he got it!" message attached. Although to be fair, my follow-up pick of a Chiefs last second win over oakland via a Jarrad Page end zone INT probably sealed my 2006 Nostradamus status ...)

Anyways, the last time we beat San Diego here, both teams made the playoffs. This time, neither team looks likely to make it. (Although I still think the winner Sunday will give denver a run for the Western Division title).

My good friend Kellie sent me an email earlier today, simply entitled "Got a minute to talk?" I immediately panicked. Usually, when you get an email that contains that phrase, one of two things is coming your way. (a) Bad news, or (b) Horrible news.

Considering she's dating my co-best friend, I prepped for the worst.

Only, her "inquiry" was simply to urge me to dress better, show up Sunday, and "send philip rivers ass back to san diego with a loss!" If she's on our side ... and considering she's the sole reason I'm betting the family inheritance on denver every week at this point ... well ...

Send his ass home with a loss!

at Chiefs (+4 1/2) 26, Chargers 20. 2-5 at the bye isn't great. Especially when we should be 4-3. But when your next two are Jacksonville and oakland again ... well ... no 0-5 team has ever rallied to make the playoffs ... but eventually one has to, right? Right? (kellie voice) dammit Steve! That's not why I want you to show up and root like holy hell for a Chiefs win ...

No comments:

week twelve picks

The Statisticals. Last Week SU: 8-6-0. Season to Date SU: 98-62-1. Last Week ATS: 7-7-0. Season to Date ATS: 75-80-6. Last Week Upset / ...