Thursday, October 8, 2020

continued half assed week five picks

The Statisticals.

Last Week SU: 8-7-0.
Season to Date SU: 39-23-1.

Last Week ATS: 6-8-1.
Season to Date ATS: 30-31-2.

Last Week Upset / Week: no bueno.
Season to Date Upset / Week SU: 1-3-0.
Season to Date Upset / Week ATS: 1-3-0.
This Week Upset / Week: Browns (+2 1/2) over Colts.

The Week Five Picks.

Byes: Lions, Packers.

* at Bears (+3 1/2) 24, Bucs 20.  
* at Titans (NL) 31, Bills 24.
* Panthers (+1) 20, at "Shane" Falcons 3.
* Rams 24, at Redskins (+7 1/2) 21.
* at Texans (-5 1/2) 31, Jaguars 20.
* "Super" Cardinals (+7) 41, at Jets 0.
* Eagles (+7) 20, at Steelers 17.
* at Ravens 31, Bengals (+12) 21.
* at 49ers 27, Dolphins (+9) 20.
* at Patriots 14, those people (+11) 6.
* at Cowboys (-9) 38, Giants 13.
* at Browns (+1 1/2) 34, Colts 17.
* at Seahawks (-7) 34, Vikings 13.
* at Saints 24, "Super" Chargers (+7 1/2) 21.

The Tailgating and Watching Party Plans.

If its raiders week, that means it's raider ribs.  We'll be on my Second Parents back patio for this one.  Anyone and everyone is welcome to attend.  The forecast here in KC is pushing 80 degrees and bright and sunny at kickoff.  Believe me -- nobody is angrier I'm missing my first raider game home game since 1998, than me.  

The Chiefs Prognostication and Prediction.

I wish I had more, but in addition to the Chiefs game this weekend, I have a funeral to attend Saturday morning, I have a semi-surprise 60th birthday party for a family friend to attend Saturday night, my bowling league teammates are (finally?) getting married in a destination wedding this weekend * ... and I'm quarter end at my current job.  Ain't we lucky we got 'em?  Good Times!

But hey, on the bright side, the Chiefs are 4-0 for the fourth straight season, the last time the Chiefs were below .500 was Week Eleven 2015, the Chiefs have won twelve of fourteen against the raiders since "Fat" Andy showed up eight years ago, and again -- it's going to be in the mid 80s and sunny here in Kansas City in mid October.  Life is good today.  Life is good today!

(*: I had to laugh that I was notified of this on Tuesday, and invited to said wedding ... in San Antonio, this weekend, under the "we know you never turn down a chance to go to Texas!" corollary that is absolutely 100% true ... when you give me more than a couple day's notice.  Oh who am I kidding -- if I didn't have plans already on Saturday I can't in good conscience get out of (the funeral), I'd be on my way there right now.)

As for the pick, (pickell voice) let me put it this way: the Chiefs played about the sh*ttiest game they've played since "Sir" Alex Smith was seeing the 2017 season implode around him ... and still kicked the Patriots ass.  You really think Derek Carr is ready for this?

* at Chiefs (-12) 41, raiders 21.

No comments:

week twelve picks

The Statisticals. Last Week SU: 8-6-0. Season to Date SU: 98-62-1. Last Week ATS: 7-7-0. Season to Date ATS: 75-80-6. Last Week Upset / ...