Saturday, November 13, 2010

the week ten blind guesses

“Am I more than you bargained for yet?
I’ve been dying to tell you anything you want to hear,
‘Cause that’s just who I am this week.

Lie in the grass next to the mausoleum.
I’m just a notch in your bedpost,
But you’re just a line in this song.

Drop a heart, and break a name,
We’re always sleeping in,
But you’re sleeping for the wrong team.

We’re going down, down,
In an earlier round.
But sugar we’re going down swinging!

I’ll be your number one with a bullet!
A loaded God complex,
Cock it and pull it!”

-- “Sugar We’re Going Down” by Fall Out Boy.

I profoundly apologize for the delay in this week's picks. In the interest of full disclosure: I had intended to do a blowout mailbag for the week ten predictions and other stuff on my mind … only, instead of having all afternoon Friday to work on these like I usually do, I literally spent from lunch until 6:30 in meetings. Gotta love the world of lower level management. You gotta love it. Anyways, I hope to have a mailbag up early next week, I’ve been working on it for a couple days now. Since you all have sent so many “emails” asking about my thoughts at the midseason, my fall TV thoughts, and the overriding theme from multiple “readers”: “Hey Stevo – where the hell are your NBA Predictions?!?!” They’re all coming, in the next couple days …

Last Week SU: 9-4-0.
Season to Date SU: 73-57-0.

Last Week ATS: 5-7-1.
Season to Date ATS: 65-59-6.

Last Week Upset / Week: god freaking bless it.
Season to Date Upset / Week: 2-8 SU, 4-6 ATS.
This Week’s Upset / Week: Browns over Jets.

The Non-Chiefs Predictions:

(I would have taken the Ravens (+1 ½) in Atlanta on Thursday night. I guess count that as an official loss).

* at Bills 23, Lions (+3 ½) 20.
* Vikings (-1 ½) 34, at Bears 21.
* at Browns (+3) 27, Jets 20.
* at Colts (-8) 38, Bengals 20.
* at Dolphins (+1 ½) 31, Titans 20.
* at Bucs 23, Panthers (+7) 17.
* Cowboys (+14 ½) 31, at Giants 30.
* at 49ers (-6) 26, Rams 14.
* at Cardinals 23, Seahawks (+3 ½) 20.
* Patriots (+4 ½) 24, at Steelers 17.
* at Redskins (+3) 27, Eagles 20.

The Chiefs Prognostication:

I am not capable of putting into words how much this game means to me. I have tried to in the past, and I always fail to articulately state how much I hate the denver broncos. So I’m not even going to try to explain it. All I can say is, watch a broncos game with me sometime, and you’ll get it.

There’s a Chiefs game … and then there’s a Chiefs / donkeys game. These things usually inspire weird, unpredictable reactions out of me. I’m kind of anxiously anticipating what tomorrow’s meltdown will be. I’m also really anticipating this game. I think it’s going to be a good one. This is denver’s season. If they can win this, they’re only two back with seven to go, and their last seven involve four against the division, two against the NFC West, and a home game with Houston. (My way of saying, if denver wins tomorrow, look out).

If the Chiefs win tomorrow, there’s a damned good chance we’ll be two clear of the division after next week, when we host Arizona and the raiders go to Pittsburgh. And if you’re two up with six to play, I’ll take my chances.

I have never predicted a Chiefs win at denver, and I’m not about to start now. I almost made this my Upset of the Week, only … the only two times I have nailed the Upset this year, I picked denver. You’re damned right I’m that superstitious. The Chiefs can win this game. I pray they win this game. But I’m not predicting them to do so. Come on guys, make me look like an asshat. Prove me wrong! broncos (+2 ½) 28, Chiefs 27.

No comments:

week twelve picks

The Statisticals. Last Week SU: 8-6-0. Season to Date SU: 98-62-1. Last Week ATS: 7-7-0. Season to Date ATS: 75-80-6. Last Week Upset / ...