Wednesday, January 15, 2020

y day minus four



sk: damned right.  Please, talk dirty to me dude ... no wait, I mean, dudette.  Also, damn, I love this song ...

--------------------

* Not much to report tonight.  I had no time to get the recap finished today at work ... and please, spare me any criticism of that fact.  I work as a reinsurance accountant.  Reinsurance works a month in arrears.  Accounting matters hugely at year end.  Do the math.  This is the time of year I never get, uuh, time off.  Sh*t, the only time I get my birthday off is if it falls on a Sunday.  (Which next year?  Hot damn, it does!)

Here's a few updates, and thoughts, almost one hundred hours out, from the biggest game in Arrowhead Stadium's history ...

* We have a menu!  Officially titled "Tennessee Titan Meltdown"!  It is cheesesteaks, with tons of provolone, mozzarella, onions, peppers, and hoagie buns.  (Plus some vodka pasta sauce, if it's up to me.)  There'll also be assorted potato dishes on the side (c'mon hot fries!), plus other assorted desserts.  Sent a text to Mahomies about our finalized plans; haven't heard back from them yet, on theirs.

* My ticket for entry downloaded onto my phone (and presumably, my STM card), at 9am sharp CT, this morning.  I damned near cried seeing it.  Although that does allow me to b*tch about one thing: I miss actual ticket stubs.  I built a "box of memories" around those bastardos for thirty years of my life.  Sometimes?  Progress sucks ass.

But speaking of "downloads" this morning ...

* The STM Email arrived!

No really -- it did!

And like last week, the Chiefs claim the gates will open at 9am.

And like last week, I'm calling bullsh*t on that claim.  Gate Six will be wide open by 8am, and probably an hour sooner, if we're being honest here.

But what truly irritated me?

We're getting ... you guessed it, Frank Stallone.

No, wait -- we're getting?  You guessed it, rally towels:


Because they worked so f*cking well last year ... and 2017 (we got two of them!), and 2016 (just one), and 2015 for your Houston Texans ... and somewhere I have a Colts rally towel from the game there in 2013. 

NOTHING for this team tends to end well, when a towel is involved.  ("bts" voice) That's what Mark Mangino's assistants would say!  (Pause).  (scott hall voice) Hey yo!

* Finally tonight? 

I hope to get the recap done tomorrow of the Texans game (likely to be posted in two parts; it's currently at 23 pages in Word).  I hope to get to Crown Center and Union Station tomorrow or Friday at the latest, to see what the scene down there looks like.  The Team Store notified me "The Poster" will be available after 2pm tomorrow. 

(Guessing GameDay Pins won't be there until sometime Saturday.)

And as always ... just be you.  All of us are f*cked up and fatally flawed.  It's why we need a Savior (even if some of us (hey!  That's me!), rarely if ever acknowledge that fact).  Just be you.  Because no matter how f*cked up and flawed you are?

God don't make mistakes.

Never doubt that.  #suicideprevention #justbeyou #believeinyourself

No comments:

week twelve picks

The Statisticals. Last Week SU: 8-6-0. Season to Date SU: 98-62-1. Last Week ATS: 7-7-0. Season to Date ATS: 75-80-6. Last Week Upset / ...