Wednesday, June 12, 2013

three words i have rarely ever said about our kansas city royals ...

“Well this is it boys – this means war!
So what are we waiting for?
Why don’t we break the rules already!

I was never one to believe the hype –
Save that for the black and white.
Tried twice as hard, and I’m half as liked,
But here they come again to jack my style.

But that’s alright.
I found a martyr in my bed tonight.
She stops my bones from wondering
Just who I am, who I am, who I am, oh who am I …

Hmm … hmm … well

Some nights I wish that this all would end,
‘Cause I could use some friends for a change!
And some nights I’m scared you’ll forget me again,
But some nights?  I always win!  (I always win!)

But I still wake up; I still see your ghost.
Oh Lord, I’m still not sure what I stand for –
What do I stand for?
What do I stand for?
Most nights?  I don’t know …”


--------------------

(peter griffin spotting ernie the giant fighting chicken voice) OH CRAP!

3:42pm CT.  The shot heard … well, at least all over the second floor of “company Stevo works for”, as you literally heard “YES!”  “DAMN!”  “HOLY!” pop up all over, from my co-workers listening in to today’s epic pitching duel between James Shields and Justin Verlander.

Bottom 9.  Two out.  Two strikes.  Down two.  Hosmer on second.  Lo Cain at the plate.

Holy.  Crap.

Here’s the shot that literally saved the season (sorry, Pete Stoyanovich – this season did need saving):


So the Royals complete a homestand in which they (a) open it by setting a club record for most consecutive losses at home (11) … (b) then win the next five against the Twins and Astros … (c) then somehow shut down the Tigers for seven innings in game one, and for nine innings in game three, and holding them to three in game two (a one run defeat).

From nine games under .500, sinking fast … to four games under .500, closing to within 5 ½ of the lead in a very winnable division.

Which means, there’s only one thing to say.  And honestly, ladies and gentlemen?  Boys and girls?  Peoples and peepettes?  I have not said these three words in relation to the Kansas City Royals, since early September 2003.  I’m not quite sure how we got to this point, but we’re here.

You ready?

Season!  F*cking!  ON!!!!!!!!!! 

No comments:

week twelve picks

The Statisticals. Last Week SU: 8-6-0. Season to Date SU: 98-62-1. Last Week ATS: 7-7-0. Season to Date ATS: 75-80-6. Last Week Upset / ...