Wednesday, March 11, 2009

american idol top 13: thoughts

I didn't live blog last night because I was watching it live with some quality company. But my thoughts:

* Bottom 3:

1. Jorge. What a trainwreck. His voice wasn't great, his eyebrows scare me, and he picked a horrible song choice. I hit the fridge for a frosty cold one about a quarter of the way through his performance.
2. Anoop Doggy Dogg. I love the guy, but that was horrible.
3. Megan. Looks alone can't carry you through this competition. Horrid song choice, and she looked worse dancing than me practicing my "Bye Bye Bye" manuevers at Shark Bar last Saturday. Brutally bad.

Dishonorable mention to Lil' Rounds, who (a) looked like she didn't give a crap up there, (b) gave a horridly dull performance, and (c) wore a dress that made her ass the size of a continent. Really girl, we get it, you got a big booty. No need to wear the tight fighting white pants and raise that thing an extra foot in the air, its hideous.

* Top 3:

3. Alexis. I loved how she embraced "Dirty Diana". She looked like a freaky girl. Steve likey.
2. Adam. For the first time, I see why this guy is still around. Holy cow, what a performance. This guy's got a future. And I loved how he emphasized the key lines of "Black or White". As someone who believes that "we hold these truths to be self evident, that ALL men (and women) are created equal, and that ALL are endowed with certain unalienable rights by their Creator", as someone who believes who you sleep with at night does not determine your rights as a citizen, you go buddy! You are what you are, religious right fanaticism be damned.
1. Matt. I finally have a pony in this derby. I loved his performance last night. Considering he had to follow Adam, he had a tough draw, and just nailed it.

Honorable mention to Danny, who isn't going to sail through to the finals like Pauler thinks, but is definitely going to make the final four at this point.

* and lest you think me hopping on board the Matt Express is a bad sign for him ... well, it probably is. Because I usually root for the runner-up. Season one I backed Justin (finished 2nd). Season two, I still can't believe Kimberley Locke didn't win (finished 3rd). Season three I wanted Diana DiGarmo (finished 2nd). Season four I was on the Carrie bandwagon (woo!). Season five I liked both Elliott Yamin and Daughtry (finished 3rd and 4th, respectively). Season six ... (steve still bitter, battered, and broken over the ridiculousness of Idol fans NOT voting THE single most talented, amazing, creative performer the title. I'm talking about Blake Lewis, of course). And last year I backed David Cook, who won. So odds are, Matt's sticking around for a while. If only my NCAA tourney picks were this good.

* I hope Jasmine gets the boot tonight, because she's the weakest competitor in the top 13 ... but if they're truly evicting two contestants tonight, please sweetie, take Jorge with you. That performance last night was so awful he doesn't deserve another try. This was Kristy Lee Cook doing "Eight Days a Week" awful. Not good pal.

* Finally from TV last night, it's not Idol ... but how awesome was it to have ADA Cabot back on SVU? Let's work on making this a full time return guys. Good stuff.

No comments:

week twelve picks

The Statisticals. Last Week SU: 8-6-0. Season to Date SU: 98-62-1. Last Week ATS: 7-7-0. Season to Date ATS: 75-80-6. Last Week Upset / ...