Tuesday, April 21, 2009

american idol top 7 part 2 ... live blog

We're live here at Steve World Headquarters (aka my couch).

I'm hoping Matt delivers tonight. I'm hoping Little Rounds graces my television with her presence for the next to final time (tomorrow night's eviction being the final one).

And I'm praying that Adam covers "Dancing Queen". Or "She Works Hard for the Money". (So Hard for the Money! So hard for it honey! She works hard for the money so you better treat her right!)

Hopefully tomorrow a special treat will await the reading public. Something that involves you using something other than your eyes to enjoy the site. Guess we'll know once G and I try to get the podcast laid down again tonight.

Probably should mention I'm logged into yahoo! IM as teamtito15 if you want to participate. Or post your comments by clicking where it says "comments".

Back in 15 when the debacle begins.

And we're back.

Go Matt Go! Vote often tonight folks, keep Mr. Giraud in this thing.

The roommate's in a foul mood tonight. Woo.

Our judges being introduced. Pauler looks stunning as always.

It appears Little Rounds is up first. Chaka Khan's "I'm Every Woman". No mentor montage this week apparently.

Good Lord I hate this chick.

Pauler up and dancing already. Sweet Jesus.

Another perfectly mediocre performance that makes me want to shove a stick where the sun don't shine. And the ending is horrid, she whiffed on multiple notes. (gregg and steve's old front porch mat voice) GO AWAY!

Randy says it sounded "wild". Little looks apoplectic. Good. GO AWAY! New judge says this "wasn't worth the wait". Why did it takes these dunces on the panel 6 weeks to figure out what I knew 6 weeks ago? Pauler hauling out the "she was sick" excuse. Something about tapping into her inner goddess. Simon says Little "looks so sad". Simon says she's going home. Halle-effing-lujah.

Little is in utter denial. Kind of like me about Matt's chances of winning this competition.

If anyone reading this votes 1-866-IDOLS01 or texts 5701 for this abortion of a singer, I'm going to be angry. (grizzley bear voice) GRRRRRRRRR!

I think they said Kris was next. I'd rewind it but getting a frosty cold beer has priority right now. Back in (chuck woolery voice) 2 and 2.

Yes, Kris is next. Go Kris Go!

YES! "She Works Hard for the Money!" Holy sh*t, THIS is American Idol!

Seacrest calls it a "song about a woman with a great work ethic". You can't make this stuff up.

Kris kind of taking this into a Latin version.

I predict the judges will hate this ... and I absolutely LOVED it! That did not suck.

The audience ate this up. New judge LOVED it! Wow, we finally agree! Pauler says ... hang on, I'm rewinding this to get it verbatim:

"It had a kind of classy, Santana feel to it, and I gotta tell you Kris, you know, a lot of women will shop the men's department but (audience laughing) there aren't (awkward pause) many men willing to shop in the women's (kris laughing with embarrassment) and you shopped and found a perfect fit!"

They won't let go of this analogy. Simon loved it as well. And drops a women's underwear joke. Oy.

All four judges on board!

I can honestly say, the only two contestants I'd download their efforts off of iTunes for, would be Matt and Kris. Maybe Adam. So seeing a Steve favorite do well is a good thing.

Allison and Danny after the break.

Really, I can't give Kris enough praise. That was amazing. I can't wait to download that on iTunes tomorrow. Last week he was really good with "Falling Slowly". That was beyond really good. That was top 20 of all time on this show good.

Danny doing "September" by one of my favorite bands, Earth Wind and Fire. Let's see how this goes.

He just effed up the lyrics to open the chorus. The verse was horrid as well. You are no Verdine White or Philip Bailey, sir. You aren't equipped to sniff their jock strap, let alone carry it.

Awful. Awful performance. I'm booing the TV as we go to Randy.

Randy heard something that wasn't there (talent). New judge slurps it up like a top flight adult female entertainer. Pauler making no sense, but I think she's turned on right now. Simon blasts the performance part, but says everything else was fine. Good grief.

"Hot Stuff" by Donna Summer performed by Allison next. I am looking forward to this tremendously.

Oh. My. God. Awesome opening. Awesome.

She's taking this emo rock! Holy cow! This is incredible!

I need a cold shower after hearing her "Hot Stuff".

Holy moly. That was HOT!, to pull out my Randy voice.

RJ up first. Blasts the arrangement, but praises the vocal. I'm good with that. What in the hell are these judges listening to? Are they deaf? That was AMAZING! At least they agree with me on the vocals. More senseless ramblings from one Pauler Abdul. Simon calls it a "brilliant performance". Amen Cowell, amen.

Adam up next, and he's in the mosh pit. Oh my.

"If I Can't Have You" by Yvonne Elliman. Considering "Saturday Night Fever" is one of my favorite movies, and this song is one of its key moments ...

He's slowed it down to open ... and I'm liking it.

I liked it until the chorus. This is a disaster. His voice is screeching, its too slow, this is ... this is not good.

I predict the judges will love it. But its not worth listening to again.

Randy verbally fellating him. I don't get it. Kara calls him "brilliant". Pauler is in tears. I'm not joking, she's friggin crying. She's also trembling like she just had the orgasm of a lifetime. Simon loved it as well.

Matt up next. Oh no, hinting that its "Stayin' Alive".

This Capital One "marooned on the island" ad is quite possibly the single most retarded ad I've ever seen in my life.

One of the Nelson twins on the aisle.

"Stayin Alive", Matty style.

THAT ... is why I've backed this kid from the beginning! Hell yes you're staying alive! 1-866-IDOLS06, 5706 on text. Allegedly you can vote on Skype as well for the chica reading this overseas. VOTE FOR MATT! Holy crap, that was good!

Can't wait to see how the judges trash him.

Randy, I think, liked it. "You can sing even though I didn't love the song". New judge says he "brought disco back". She compares this to Adam's performance. Pauler hauling out the bowling analogy ... and STEE-RIKE! Says "you're staying!" Simon says? He didn't like it. Calls it a "bit desperate", he didn't "hear any originality". What? What the hell are you listening to Cowell?

1-866-IDOLS06, text 5706. Do your part readers. Do your part!

Anoop closes us down after the break.

And we're back. "Dim all the Lights" by Donna Summer.

I thought it was decent. But he's in trouble.

Judges rushing through the comments.

I agree with RJ: the top 7 is tremendously talented. (Save for Little Rounds).

Pauler: "real men know how to wear pink". Uuh, ok.

Simon calls it "mediocre at best". It wasn't that bad, but I think he's done after that.

Bottom three: Danny, Little Rounds, Anoop.
Going home: Little Rounds, Anoop.
Best performance: Kris, by a country mile.
Worst performance: Little Rounds. Just get rid of her already.

No comments:

week twelve picks

The Statisticals. Last Week SU: 8-6-0. Season to Date SU: 98-62-1. Last Week ATS: 7-7-0. Season to Date ATS: 75-80-6. Last Week Upset / ...