Wednesday, April 29, 2009

quick idol thoughts from last night

That was actually a fairly decent episode of American Idol.

I expected it to be an hour of hell. Instead, I was pleasantly surprised.

* Best performance: Allison. I can already see she's gonna get screwed in the top 3, like Syesha last year (who so outsung, outperformed, and outclassed Asshat Archuleta that night that its one of the greatest crimes in Idol history that she didn't get through past that kid). But its gonna be a fun run to get there, since next week is allegedly rock week.

* Worst performance: Adam. I know, I know, the guy's going to win this thing (allegedly) in a landslide. Kind of like Asshat at this point last year huh? That thing last night was just awful. From the opening moments on the stairs, I wanted to puke. Granted, I'm probably the only person that reads this that isn't a fan of the guy. But that final note that had the judges on their knees in full on fellating position? I literally threw an empty beer can at the TV. That was so over the top, so self indulgent, so utterly devoid of any class or respect for the greatness that was the Rat Pack ... let's just move on before I throw my (still full) beer can at the computer monitor.

* Most disappointing: Matt. He should have nailed this week out of the park. He did anything but. And will probably be going home tonight as a result.

* Most surprising: Danny. I thought this would be the week that Milwaukee's second finest was sent packing. I really thought he'd struggle with this theme, and this would be the "shocking" elimination we seem to see every year (see Melinda Doolittle in season six, Daughtry and Elliott Yamin in season five, Anwar Robinson in season four, Tamyra Gray way back in season one). Instead, he delivered arguably the best performance of the night. It was him or Allison.

* Bottom three: Allison, Kris, Matt.
* Bottom two: Kris, Matt.
* Going home: Matt.

No comments:

week twelve picks

The Statisticals. Last Week SU: 8-6-0. Season to Date SU: 98-62-1. Last Week ATS: 7-7-0. Season to Date ATS: 75-80-6. Last Week Upset / ...