Tuesday, April 28, 2009

where amazing keeps friggin happening!

I intended for tonight's post to be about either American Idol, or the "cancellation of the Dusty and Steve Show". (Although we were never a cornerstone of anyone's Wednesday night lineup, like "Dogs Humping", we still had comedic value, I swear. My one follower can back me up on this. Seeing as how she was the mistress in the relationship ...)

And I'm sure that tomorrow, I can get around to at least one of those topics. (One will be kind of tough to type up, so bear with me).

But once again, THE best playoff series in at least 7 years, has interrupted my plans.

Boston 106, Chicago 104, overtime.

Four overtimes in five games.

First time in NBA history a series has had 3 OT games.

Ben Gordon going 50 plus minutes on a friggin strained hamstring.

Boston overcoming a 16 point deficit in the 4th quarter ... without Ray Allen. And KG. And Leon Powe.

Derrick Rose continuing to make me thank God above that he somehow, someway had that brain fart at the free throw line with 7.6 to go in the National Title game a year ago.

P squared just increasing in value that autograph that Snodgrass once asked for from him. Hitting the game tying shot with 10 seconds left. Hitting the game winner with 2.7 seconds left in overtime. And having the composure to intentionally miss the free throw properly with 1.3 to go, unlike Chicago at the other end.

Like my brother and I were saying the entire 4th quarter and overtime, why does this series have to end? Let 'em play best of 19!

This is the best playoff series the League has had to offer since Sacramento / LA in 2002. And that series took a while to get going, no classic moments until Bibby's dagger to end game 5, and the Lakers epic comeback in game 6, culminating in a game 7 OT classic that saw LA advance to their third straight title.

Yeah, Dallas / San Antonio 3 years ago was great. Philly / Milwaukee in the 2001 Eastern Finals was another showcase series. And 2000, when Portland had the Lakers on the ropes, down 10 in game 7, and p*ssed it away, that's as great a comeback as you'll see. But this ... this series is just incredible.

4 game winning shots with less than 3 seconds left. Only one game not decided either (a) as the buzzer expired or (b) in overtime. I can't wait for game 6!

(And the game 7 the refs will ensure we get to).

Hey, what happened to the NBA critic that used to rip me in the comments? Chris, where you at champ? I defy you to find one way to criticize this series as anything but epic ...

2 comments:

Megan Kensinger said...

I like how you throw a few comments in there to see if I am still reading. Well I am still here. In fact I don't know if Dusty told you or not, but I am coming home this summer for 12 days, but please no comments on Facebook. I am keeping it secret from my BFF. A little surprise thing. And no comments on Blog then either. Thanks! We will definitely do a tail gating thing at the Royals when in town. You know what that means!!!

stevo! said...

he mentioned something about it but didn't really elaborate on it ... so sweet! party on party people! you will love the new kauffman stadium. especially the outfield, sweet jesus. the bar area in left field and the seats below it are gonna be fun to sit in all summer.

week twelve picks

The Statisticals. Last Week SU: 8-6-0. Season to Date SU: 98-62-1. Last Week ATS: 7-7-0. Season to Date ATS: 75-80-6. Last Week Upset / ...