Saturday, August 8, 2009

reason 16

"Not even Santa Claus can save the denver broncos today!!!"

Other than the Buffalo Monday nighter a year earlier that put us on the map, I'm not sure any regular season win has been more meaningful for the Chiefs in my lifetime than the Christmas game against denver in 1992. Both teams 9-6. Winner into the playoffs, loser stays home. Behind a relentless defensive assault, the Chiefs blew the broncos out of the building, resulting in the (stupid) firing of dan reeves, and lead Kevin Harlan to make his famous quote above.

Reason 16, is Derrick Thomas. And his Hall of Fame inshrinement.

Enjoy your day DT. I know I will, with tears streaming down the cheek and a goofy ass grin on my face ...


(photo: associated press).

No comments:

week twelve picks

The Statisticals. Last Week SU: 8-6-0. Season to Date SU: 98-62-1. Last Week ATS: 7-7-0. Season to Date ATS: 75-80-6. Last Week Upset / ...