Saturday, September 11, 2010

chiefs chargers pick

"Hey Mr. Tamborine Man,
Play a song for me!
I'm not sleepy,
And there is no place I'm going to.

Hey Mr. Tamborine Man,
Play a song for me!
And in the jingle jangle morning,
I'll come following you ..."

I'm ready.

There's really nothing else to be said. We, as a fanbase, as a community, as a city, have waited for this day for four years and counting now. Tonight, Kansas City is a relevant, vibrant force on the national radar. Tonight, the Chiefs are the focus of Football Nation.

Tonight, the return to relevance begins.

If you need a place to tailgate, you know where we'll be. (If you don't know where we'll be, its Lot G, grassy lot, directly east of the G30 sign.) Please, feel free to show up, get your party on, and help us root this team on to victory. The menu is Charger Chicken (multiple flavors), and a ton of side dishes. I hauled myself out of retirement to make 200 some odd jello shots. I bribed Nancy into making the garlic butter mushrooms.

Tonight, in the words of the great Bob Dylan, my Tamborine Man plays a song for me. Takes me for a trip upon his magic swirling ship. Gives me, you, and all of Arrowhead Nation a thrill like we haven't experienced in a while.

at Chiefs (+4 1/2) 33, Chargers 6. If you don't understand the significance of that score, Google "October 7 1991 Chiefs Bills". If you never got to experience how amazing, how utterly incredible that night was, please, close your eyes tonight during the pregame. Just take it all in. And then lose yourself in the moment. Some things in life are meant to truly be enjoyed. Tonight, is one of those moments. Let the Tamborine man play his song for you.

(And try not to make fun of me if I shed a tear or five after we win. Or the inevitable coolest moment of tailgating, about 7:30ish, as the sun is going down, the smoke is hovering over the parking lots and the stadium, and "In the Air Tonight" starts blaring over the speakers. Guaranteed to make me cry, if only to remember why that moment makes me cry. RIP Number 58. You lived for nights like this. As do I. Show up! Be loud! Make your mark! Tonight is the night we seize the stage! Clear eyes! Full hearts! CAN'T LOSE!!!)

(And if you actually need a motivational speech to show up tonight, here's your link to the defining Steve speech of a generation. If this bad boy doesn't get you out there, nothing will. There were folks at the game that Sunday morning with this bad boy printed out, just wanting to see what kind of crazy dude could concoct a motivational speech like this. I'm your boy. So show up! Be loud! Make your mark! We WILL win this game!!!)

No comments:

week twelve picks

The Statisticals. Last Week SU: 8-6-0. Season to Date SU: 98-62-1. Last Week ATS: 7-7-0. Season to Date ATS: 75-80-6. Last Week Upset / ...