Sunday, November 9, 2008

at some point, close shouldn't count ...

I don't even know where to begin.

For the fifth time this season, the Chiefs held the ball inside the last three minutes with a chance to clinch, tie, or win the game.

For the fourth time, we failed to get the job done.

A good buddy texted me after the game "at least we kept it close". This is how low we've sunk, folks. "At least we kept it close".

Thanksgiving Night two years ago, we hosted the denver broncos, a wildcard berth essentially on the line. Since that game, we are 7-23. We have lost 17 of our last 18 games, the vast majority of those games having "kept it close".

Where do you focus today? Horrendous offensive play calling in the second half, no doubt ordered from the sideline, where gutless wonder Herm Edwards once again refuses to play to win the game? Horrendous defensive play calling in the second half, including playing a cover 3 on 3rd and 5 at the 9? The missed extra point, the latest in a long line of ridiculous special teams gaffes that any organization that believes in accountability, would cut players and fire coaches over?

Or "the punt". Trailing 20-13 with less than 5 minutes to play, we had 4th and 4 at the Chargers 38. Herm punts. As was noted in that spot, "to punt there, you have to have a c*nt". It fits. Herm clearly doesn't have a penis. Let alone a pair of balls. Only a gutless, clueless, "keep it close and pray I save my job on style points" coach punts it there.

Thankfully, Herm, his clueless staff, and our completely inept front office are likely now 50 days away from deserved unemployment. As Gregg noted early in the 2nd quarter, "is Bradley the Chiefs best FA signing in the last 5 years?"

Let that one sink in. The only Chiefs fan I know that's more delusional than me, is legitimately asking if a guy we signed off the streets 3 weeks ago is the best free agent acquisition this front office has made in 5 years! And people still think Carl deserves a 21st season?!?!

At some point, enough is enough. I'm done with accepting "keeping it close", "giving it our best". I want a friggin win.

And if that can't happen, then I demand regime change. Starting at the top, and not stopping until whatever p*ss poor "strength and conditioning coach" we employ is drawing unemployment.

I will have a special plea for Sunday coming out later tonight, or more likely, tomorrow. Sunday will be a very interesting day, and I hope that you will seriously consider the request I am going to make. Nobody is more p*ssed off at the state of this team right now than me. Nobody. It is simply not possible to be more angry, frustrated, embarrassed, outraged, at these guys than I am.

But I'm willing to give them one final chance. I hope you'll hear what I have to say, and at least give it some consideration ...

No comments:

week twelve picks

The Statisticals. Last Week SU: 8-6-0. Season to Date SU: 98-62-1. Last Week ATS: 7-7-0. Season to Date ATS: 75-80-6. Last Week Upset / ...