Friday, February 25, 2011

the highlight reel

I love classic TV sitcoms.

Hell, I just love sitcoms. They can be classics, crap, or something even worse than that. I just love a 30 minute engagement with the television where I know I'm going to laugh and forget the problems of the day.

But every good sitcom has at least three or four "clip" shows, you know, those episodes where it's obvious that the writers have no freaking clue what to do at that point in the season, so let's relive the best we've done so far! (And move us an episode closer to syndication fees!)

So, consider this post my "clip" show. As this site rapidly approaches its 400th post, I'm long overdue for a "best of" post. (And yes, "rapidly" is a loose term. Although this is post 15 on the year I believe, and I didn't top 15 last year until April).

* Posts that make me laugh out loud:

1. We win Trivia Night thanks to my ridiculous, almost God-like knowledge of television sitcom theme songs (Sept 2008).

2. The first "fake" mailbag (July 2009).

3. 2009 Jayhawk Football season opener (Sept 2009).

4. Horrific CBS commentary on Chiefs / Browns game (Sept 2010).

5. DJ's bachelor party, forever immortalized as "The Comeback" (Feb 2011).

* Posts that made the room a little dusty for me:

1. Remember a dear departed friend on the fourth anniversary of his passing (Oct 2008).

2. (boys ii men voice) So now we've come ... to the end of the road ... (May 2009).

3. (chase utley voice) AFC West F*CKING Champions!!! (Dec 2010).

* Posts that any "loyal" reader of the site should read, in order:

1. How a kid that still dreams of living in Texas, gave up the dream to move back to KC ... and why he has no regrets about it (Dec 2008).

2. The quiz (July 2008).

3. The answers to the quiz (July 2008).

(Should probably note: the top score recorded was a 15 by "The Voice of Reason". Also, the answer to question 16 definitely qualifies under the "room is a little bit dusty right now" status. Oh, and definitely read (2) before (3). I hate cheaters).

* The "annual" column, which is without question my favorite post I, uuh, post every year:

1. Thanksgiving 2008 (Nov 2008).

2. Thanksgiving 2009 via the "fake" mailbag (scroll to the last question) (Nov 2009).

3. Thanksgiving 2010 (Dec 2010).

* Finally for this first "recycled" effort, my five favorite blog posts I've ever written that haven't already been linked to above (and note, numbers two and one on this list will probably be my favorite posts until ... well, it might be awhile. That day was so magical, it's still hard to not get choked up):

5. Reesing to Meier in a snowstorm. (tony bruno voice) Beautiful (Dec 2008).

4. The best concert I've attended since this blog started (Nov 2008).

3. The Steve Rules (Aug 2010).

2b. Postgame recap from the best win of the Herm Edwards era, Part II (Sept 2008).

2a. Postgame recap from the best win of the Herm Edwards era, Part I (Sept 2008).

1. QB1 Saracen explains what Chiefs / donkeys means to me, in five simple words (Sept 2008).

As always, these are my picks. Always open for debate, discussion, you name it. God forbid anyone who reads this site ever post a f*cking comment anymore ...

No comments:

week twelve picks

The Statisticals. Last Week SU: 8-6-0. Season to Date SU: 98-62-1. Last Week ATS: 7-7-0. Season to Date ATS: 75-80-6. Last Week Upset / ...